These instructions provide guidance for proposing an honors section of an existing standard university course.
Log in and create proposal
- Log into the UMass Course and Curriculum Management System.
- Click Create Proposal.
- Scroll down to Honors Programs.
- Click Add an Honors Component to an Existing Course.
Provide course information
- Follow the directions to create your proposal. As you work, the system will guide you in filling out the required forms.
- Under Honors Options, choose There will be an Honors Section.
- Make sure that you have provided all the necessary basic information for your proposal, such as proposal title, course title, and course number. This information cannot be changed after the proposal has been saved as a draft.
- Be sure to provide adequate information in response to the question: "Please describe the specific enrichment for students in the honors version of this course." Include expectations such as number of pages of papers; any team work, class project, or oral presentation; frequency of group meetings and meetings with the professor; expectations for research/development of research questions; kinds and amount of readings, etc.
- When prompted, Save as a Draft.
Complete additional forms and submit
- To retrieve saved proposal draft, click My To Do List and then click Edit next to the target proposal.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish editing your saved proposal. You may need to complete additional forms or add attachments. You can edit and save your draft over multiple sessions spanning multiple days.
- You can select Withdraw Proposal if you no longer want to submit.
- When your proposal is ready, scroll to the Actions Section at the bottom of the proposal page and click Submit Proposal.