What is a Faculty Sponsor?
A faculty sponsor is a faculty member who assists students with all aspects of preparation for MassURC. In order to present, students must have a faculty sponsor.
What are a Faculty Sponsor’s Responsibilities?
- Assist students with the research, writing, abstract submission and presentation components of MassURC.
- Communicate with students about their projects leading up to the submission of their abstract.
- Remind students that the abstract submission deadline is Friday, February 15, 2019
- Review initial abstract submission and mark it "Approved" or "Needs Revision" by Friday, February 22, 2019.
- Remind students that they have until Wednesday, February 27, 2019 to re-submit their abstracts if it was not approved upon initial review.
- Submit final approval of student’s abstract by Friday, March 1, 2019. Abstracts marked "Needs Revision" will not be accepted to present at the conference.
- Make sure students are aware that they will receive notification from the conference coordinator that their abstract has been accepted on Friday, March 29, 2019. This notification will include time and location of the presentation.
- Attend the conference, if possible, on Friday, April 26, 2019 at the Lincoln Campus Center, UMass Amherst.
- Consider being an oral presentation session chair! You will be contacted before the conference.