(Co-authored by Marie MacCune and Hannah Depin)
It’s autumn, baby. Time to do all things fall! Here are eight things you don't want to miss this fall at UMass.
1. Tailgate. We may have (one of) the worst teams in the division but our tailgates are nothing to shrug at. Pro tip: invite your parents for excess amounts of free food.
2. Apple picking, duh.
3. A haunted UMass Tour. It’s part of Family Weekend programming Friday, Oct. 21!
4. Visit a pumpkin patch. Hillcrest Orchards in Amherst lets you pick your perfect pumpkin for jackolantern making.
5. Take a hike up Mt. Tom or Mt. Holyoke to see the fall foliage. The views (and the Instagram picture) will be worth it, promise!
6. Embrace the pumpkin spice latte, or head to Atkins Farms for an apple cider donut (or a dozen.)
7. Bake something fall-ish, like apple cake or a pumpkin pie. What could go wrong?
8. Of course, it's never too early to start planning your Halloween costume!