What is a Campus Contact?
Each of the 28 schools included in the Massachusetts Undergraduate Research Conference has at least one campus contact. The campus contact acts as a liaison between their campus and the conference coordinator at UMass Amherst. campus contacts are the "go-to" person for students and faculty who have questions about the conference.
What are Campus Contact Responsibilities?
Campus contacts have the following responsibilities:
- Publicize MassURC on their campus
- Register their campus in the MassURC online system
- Monitor the status of students' abstracts on their campus
- Contact students and their faculty sponsors if an abstract is late for submission or approval
- Provide students with information about how to: write abstracts, give poster and oral presentations, as well as answer other questions students may have
- Communicate with the conference coordinator on behalf of their students and faculty to share relevant information and to ask questions as needed
- Assist students with coordination of transportation to the conference