The UMass Amherst Job Shadows program is now accepting student applications.
The UMass Amherst Job Shadow Program creates the opportunity for students to experience a day in the life of an alumnus. Through both one-on-one shadow opportunities, as well as group days, students will become more educated on varying industries, roles, and companies. Having the opportunity to shadow an alumnus, or a group of alumni, at their place of work, will further prepare students for their future career choices while increasing their own professional development.
Alumni hosts are from various companies and industries including Raytheon, Bain & Company, Belmont Savings Bank, Massachusetts House of Representatives, and numerous others. First year – seniors can apply and the actual job shadow dates will occur May 15th – June 1st.
Why participate in the job shadow program?
- Learn about the culture of a company
- Experience what a day is really like in various industries and roles
- Connect with UMass alumni and create future mentors
- Gain an insider's view of a career field to help prepare you for your future career choices
- Determine if a certain career field is right for you
Interested? Register and apply today! Application deadline is April 30th at 11:59pm.