What is an Abstract?
An abstract is a brief overview of your selected type of work. It is typically a condensed version of a longer piece of writing that highlights the major points covered, while concisely describing the content and scope of the work. Your abstract should be approximately 250 words. For more information on how to write an abstract please click here or view this YouTube video for abstract-writing tips.
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 16, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Submitting your abstract for approval is very important. Abstract submission means that your abstract will be electronically sent through the web application to your faculty sponsor for review.
In order to submit your abstract for approval please:
- Register for the conference
- Confirm your account by checking your email
- Create and store your abstract
- Navigate back to your home page
- Click Submit abstract
Until you click the “Submit” button you will not be considered to present at the Undergraduate Research Conference.
Once you submit your abstract:
- Your faculty sponsor will receive an email notification at the email address that you provided when applying.
- Your faculty sponsor will be able to review your abstract and either mark it “Approved” or “Requires Revision. ”
- You have until Wednesday, February 28, 2018 to make any necessary revisions and re-submit your abstract to your faculty sponsor.
- Your final abstract must be marked "Approved" by your faculty sponsor no later than Friday, March 2 at 11:59 p.m.