We are pleased that you are considering Commonwealth Honors College.
At UMass Amherst, you are encouraged to declare your intellectual independence. In the Honors College you will have every opportunity to do so.
The honors curriculum reaches beyond the boundaries of a standard undergraduate major, allowing students to create diverse and unique undergraduate careers. Honors students embrace this opportunity; and they come to value the intimate, supportive community of the College while reaping the benefits of a large, publicly-funded research institution.
Participation in the Honors College offers you the opportunity to:
- engage in an enriched program of study that complements and integrates your major and interests
- work closely with award-winning faculty and scholars
- develop leadership skills
- conduct in-depth research in preparation for graduate school and professional careers
- graduate with distinction