The use of ePosterBoards or Printed Poster Presentations
Poster presentations are poster displays that you create to highlight the most important aspects of your project or research including tables, graphs, pictures and other visuals. You will create and hang your own poster or use an ePosterBoard.
Poster presentations will be 45 minutes. Once you have submitted your abstract you will be assigned a time and location.
- You will have 10 minutes before your presentation to set up your project. If you are using a printed poster, you will use the tacks provided to pin your poster to the board (using tacks provided).
- You will have 5 minutes after your presentation has ended to take down your poster.
- Each presenter will be provided with a display board that is 4’ x 4’ - this is where you will hang your poster. Or if you are using an ePosterBoard, bring your digital presentation on either a flash drive, iPhone, iPad or computer.
- As a reminder, people will be walking around to view your posters. The materials that you put on your poster should be easily read from a distance. Make sure to include the title of your presentation and the author(s) in a slightly smaller sized font.
- If you bring laptops or other devices that require power, just note that you will need to provide your own source of power. Laptops will need to run on battery power. Power cords are not allowed for safety reasons.
- The UMass Amherst Conference Coordination team unfortunately cannot provide poster printing services. If you would like a printed poster please plan in advance as these services tend to be very crowded close to the conference date.
- Display tables are reserved for those presenters that have materials other than their poster that they need to display for their presentation. Please email email@example.com with the subject Equipment Request to request a display table.
Additional information on preparing effective poster presentations